If life begins after forty.....SURPRISE!! I'm late again

Monday, January 4, 2010

Everyday....EVERYDAY!

She barks, and barks, and barks, and barks and won’t stop until I go
Away from whatever I might be doing, and open the back door
(You know the one - with the DOG DOOR in it!)
I open the door and call her name, but Queen Maya doesn’t budge
She doesn’t get up, dare make a move or even look my way
She only comes in the 2nd time, this game she likes to play

So I close the door and wait a bit and again it all begins:
She barks, and barks, and barks, and barks and won’t stop until I go
Away from whatever I might be doing, and open the back door
(You know the one with the DOG DOOR in it!)

I open the door and in she struts no need to call her name,
Queen Maya comes in glances at me and happily walks away
Lays down for awhile but not for long, she likes to play this game!

I’m sure the neighbors hate us, this has been going on for a year
I keep going through this stupid routine, at least 20 times a day
I have to keep on playing this game so the barking they won't hear

I don’t know what else to do
Her morning games end
When Nana’s begins
Ding ding ding
It’s time for round two!

No comments:

Post a Comment