If life begins after forty.....SURPRISE!! I'm late again

Monday, May 3, 2010

"Throw together" with Mimi

It's dinner time and I have'nt bought groceries in..........I'll just say a while.  I cannot get take out again so time to get creative. 
There's
Throw down with Bobby Flay,
and there's
Throw together with Mimi
(This is Mimi's crazy thoughts)

One big difference is that I "throw together" with odds & ends in the fridge and pantry! So, what can you do with:
1 can ranch beans, Olive Oil, and always misc. spices
Leftover brown rice, 1 cooked ear of corn(white), Tillamook cheddar cheese, Jalapenos, sour cream, 4 flour tortillas, 5 corn tortillas.

Well you start by throwing the ranch beans, brown rice, cumin, cilantro, garlic powder, and a couple of spoonfuls of leftover "stuff" from my twisters Indian taco at lunch.(I knew I should keep that for some reason) into the food processor and.........Whala, pate ala Mimi.

Now a little olive oil into the skillet and quickly fry up the flour and corn tortillas. 
(At this point Nana enters the kitchen & asks if she can make cornbread. Another story another time)

Spread "pate ala Mimi, kernels of white corn, cheese, sour cream & jalapenos onto tortillas.  
Oops I didn't salt tortillas, so to continue with my healthy entree, grab salt shaker and shake, shake, shake! I wish I had some green onions.  Oh well
Throw in oven at 375(w/ Nana's cornbread

It was fabulous! I debated about the corn, and actually I should have used more it added the perfect little yum! Sorry no pics, but we really enjoyed it. 

Throw together(or throw up) w/ Nana next time!

TTFN,
Mimi


No comments:

Post a Comment